Sam 86 If you are going to shoot the Super, especially in a 1911 it would be better to change the springs in the gun. Loaded correct the 45 ACP will do a lot. There was a guy on Youtube that shot an Elk with one. The gamut runs from a 500 dollar Rock Island arms pistol which is good, all the way to a full blown custom for thousands 3-5K The super is a good round, and if you went to the Rowland it would be best to go with a brake also. A lot of recoil on that one. The 45 ACP can be tailored from mild loads to the +P rounds. There again if the +P rounds are going to be used all the time then it is best to change the springs in the 1911 and some suggest using a buffer also. No brake needed
The 10 MM is a good round and it shoots much flatter. But the limit is about a 180 grain bullet. Not saying that is bad,,, Just saying FYI... I think Kimber has a 6" barrel, and I know that Rock Island has one, in the 10MM
One more thing to consider is the possibility of one of the single action guns with a 45 ACP cylinder. I have one that shoots the 45 Colt and a extra cylinder for the 45 ACP. Most times (not always) a single action such as that is more accurate. Ruger makes a convertible in the 5.5 barrel, that you can customize, if you so desired.

For 1911s its the Rock Island, Kimber, Night Hawk, and a custom. This is range of price, and quality comparison. This list is not for stirring a pot, or my personal preferences.
You might put the 44 on another forum, or GB.