Thanks guys.

I hope to get out in the next few days and begin the barrel break in process. MGM provided a detailed break in procedure, and they don't guarantee any level of accuracy from their barrels, but they did say if it wasn't shooting 1" @ 100 yards to give them a call.

MGM did really great work on the barrel. If you've ever read any of Mike Bellm's writings on chambers, MGM followed them to the letter. Nice sharp shoulder unlike the factory toilet bowl forcing cone. MGM has great customer service and their pricing for my barrel was right at what a factory TC 44 mag barrel costs. So far, so good, now just to see how it shoots.

I picked up a NIB original TC shoulder holster for a 10" barrel Contender or Encore and it fits good. I modified it to a bandolier holster for easier on and off in the field.

I'll take some pics of the rig when I hit my range soon.

I was just thinking how handgun hunting has taken over my style of hunting. A few years ago, I didn't even own a handgun for hunting, and now, I have way more than I can carry in a season. I used to have a bunch of rifles, and now I only have 3 heirlooms. I just love the challenge of hunting with a handgun.

I carried my 480 SRH's this season, although no handgun kills since I wasn't meat hunting this year, I had plenty of deer in my sights that I just let them walk on by. I got a couple in a shotgun only area, but they were at handgun distance, since I have adapted how I hunt now.

Sorry, I got a little off track, but I just love handgun hunting!