Bras,

No, not much in the way of historical "beating" between these two caliber, around here. In my time here, I recall very few caustic debates trying to tell someone their choice of caliber is wrong.

With that, and no actual data for the bullets myself, I would note that I tend to the super, as I like the commonality of 45 diameter components. The 45 super round you linked to is of the traditional weight and shape of the 45 Colt cartridge. I have spent many an hour on the web searching that bullet shape for results on game. Not a lot out there, besides folks generally noting the historical use of the bullet, and it should work great.

All be it that bullet in hardcast form is probably a lot different than the old swaged design, which is probably more historically accurate. I think folks who choose to hunt with lead tend more to the more modern designs with larger meplat areas, ala LBT or similar design. I have a lot of recipes for your linked bullet that I load for various Supers, but they tend to be my carry at the ranch loads, not hunting, per se. I know it will penetrate for days, and has a reasonable meplat. And the shape makes chambering for the autos, easy.

Lots of folks, many here, have harvested whitetail deer with both calibers. Certainly they have done so harvesting hogs. As Hoggin more succinctly noted, if I were making the choice based soley on deer, I too would call it a wash.

Your post and criteria make me think that perhaps you do not handload. If that is the case, you might ultimately find more satisfaction with the 10mm.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred