Originally Posted By: karl
 Originally Posted By: short30
Appears several of the suggestions above still require about 2200 fps so I just need to ramp up the speed.... Just more motivation to shoot more, ;).

Here's another chance to do more shooting and reloading if you want. The black tipped Tac-TX from Barnes for the 300 blackout is suppose to function (double in cross sectional area at impact) down to ~1300 or 1400 fps and retain 100% mass up to ~2200 fps. I use it with RL7 and get it going ~2500 fps (14" barrel), Designed for use in the 300bo, it has much lower velocity requirements then any other 30cal spitzer rifle bullet I could find. I am going to work up a lighter load next summer for a friends 10" contender and will post velocities and general load data when I do.

I run it at a shade over 2400 in a 10" MOA in 30 Herrett. It's a very accurate bullet and devastating on meat. I add a few boxes every order I send to Midway. I heard there is a 120 grain version either out already or coming. Not sure but I haven't tried it regardless. I wouldn't mind trying it but I've bought a bunch of the others and they work well so I doubt I worry with it much. But if I was starting fresh, I'd give it a look for sure.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"