My first boar for 2016 may be the best blooded I`ve taken. Have to wait for the teeth.... For this hunt I used my recently customized Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt. The gun has a 6 inch barrel and I was able to install a Freedom Arms red fiber optic front sight and along with an excellent trigger job by the Pistol Parlor it was almost easy to use the iron sights and make the shot. This big, wooley "San Diego" blood line boar was slowly making his way through the forest and I was able to rest my gun as he kept getting closer. In years past I would have taken the shot while he was walking in but I held back and waited until he stopped and presented a good target. My handload used a 260gr Partition over 23.5grs of H-110 that proved to be an accurate and manageable combination for the open sight Bisley. My first shot took him through the lungs and was stopped by an immense gristle shield. This boar was well over 300lbs and I was surprised at how the boar reacted to this cartridge. I also could have waited until he expired but after trashing about he sat up and I hit him one more time to end it...He had good teeth... The only let down of a sorts was when I lifted his head to find the opposite top tooth broken about an inch above the gum. I recovered my first Partition that only lost 3.8grs weighing 256.2 grains. Another reason to mourn there loss. The third photo down shows my 45 Colt going off with the muzzle blast and the boar in the back ground...The 4th photo shows as the 260gr Partition hits my boar and his reaction while my Bisley rises in recoil....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"