Watched the video. Not bad at all, and I am jealous, as I was standing in 2 feet of snow shooting on saturday, with a tarp for the brass.

I was watching the gun recoil closely, and it looks very good. My experience with the full size 1911, Super and no comp, is that when the gun violently recoils, the pressure is too much for the gun. Your recoil impulse looked about par for still being reasonable. When the gun twists like a bronc, and the muzzle goes skyward, things are not right.

You noted an 18 1/2 (or 18) recoil spring. The Rowlands come with a Wolff 24. With the Rowlands, I settled on either the Wolff 24, or an ISMI chrome silicon 20. I had a lengthy conversation with the owner of ISMI, back then, and he opined that his 20 would take less of a set than the Wolff 24, and would function better, over time. I was able to confirm this. I have been running the ISMI 20 in my Supers. Just in case you want to experiment some, there. The really nice thing about the 20, is that it is easier on the return stroke, and seems to keep issues with feeding a little more reduced.

I should have all of the spring upgrades for my new Glock, by the end of the week. Looks like I will beginning a new journey, myself.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred