There is nothing nicer then to pack up your guns to meet your friends for 2 days of handgun hunting..... It was a 1231 mile round trip for me to Salt Creek in southern Ohio where David (Franchise) and his wife Jennifer along with Jimmy (Racksmasher) and I got together. We arrived on a Thursday to hunt Friday but the owner asked me if I could try to take out the boar I was after because he was causing havoc among the sows and tearing up the other boar... No problem..... I brought my FA`s m-83 in 41mag that was scoped along with my Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt that was recently worked on by Reeder. She was putting 260gr partitions, that were sparked by 23.5grs of 296, into little groups at 50 yards.... The 41 was for any shots over 50 yards. After getting ready for the hunt we then climbed one of Ohio`s
"little mountains" in search of our game. Once on the other side of the mountain we came to brushy flat that held some ram and sure enough out steps David` black face ram. He and the guide make a stalk and David made a great 60 yard shot using his 9" Super Redhawk with scope shooting 300gr XTP bullets over 23.5grs of H-110. The horns were impressive along with the three inch thick wool that covered the animal. After having Dave`s ram picked up by ATV we covered more ground when in the distance we could hear the sound of boar fighting which meant my quarry was nearby. The sun was setting along with freezing rain and snow and mud and ice covered ground. Even walking down hill was a challenge. As we made our way down a rocky rutted path we ran into my boar who was making his way uphill. He was 40 or so yards away and was trying to figure out what we were. I was able to sit down and set up my cross sticks while drawing my Bisley 45 Colt. The fiber optic front sight showed up perfectly as I waited for the boar to turn sideways. He finally turned to my left when I placed a partition through his lungs. He was hit hard and hugged the hillside leaving my line of sight. I walked down about ten yards and picked him up again and put a few more bullets into him until he was down.... He was a dam nice boar. The 260gr 45 caliber partition made the largest exit hole of any animal I`ve shot. It was easily over one inch across which can be seen in the photos.
The next morning everyone went out except myself because climbing mountain`s and being 65 don`t mix.. I apologize to Jimmy for not being there on his first kill of the day which was a huge 500 pond meat boar which he took with his Ruger 480 shooting cast bullets. He can tell you more himself. However, I was there for his second animal that was a smaller black boar that he killed with a 50 yard shot from his 44 using 240gr XTP bullets. One shot through the lungs and it was end of story. To say I did not have a good time would be a lie as I had a great time hunting with friends. Even though there were a couple of no shows it was not enough to dampen our fun.... A good time was had by all....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"