Originally Posted By: Franchise
I really enjoyed hunting at Salt Creek Hunting Preserve. The rugged terrain really added to hunt. The entire hunt was conducted on a spot & stalk basis, which made the hunt a lot more enjoyable to me. This was a hunt where being physically fit was a plus, the hills(mountain) were no joke 😉. Without getting into it too much, this ram really changed my opinion on how tough the 300 gr. XTP is. Found two completely expanded jackets, the cores penetrated, but the jackets didn't. Let's face it....this was NO Nilgai Bull. A-Frames from now on when hunting with the 44 Mag revolver. I was not pleased at all with bullet performance and left me really missing my single shots. I hunted with Jamesfromjersey and Racksmasher1 on this hunt. This was my first time hunting with Racksmasher1. Jim is one of the coolest handgun hunters that I've ever met! Y'all missed a great hunt!!!

Forgive me if I missed it in the original text, were the 300 gr XTP's out of the 45? If so we're they the 300 or 300 mag XTP's?

Choot em!