Originally Posted By: Franchise
They were out of a 9.5" 44 Mag. The 300 gr. 44 version does not have a mag jacket. All jackets and cores separated. This hunt reaffirmed my love for my single shots.

This is where I state the oft coined phrase........."At what point in the killing of your sheep did the bullets fail?"

Most of the bullets I use (rifle or handgun) are standard Cup/Core design. Depending on impact velocity and shot angle (bone struck)they sometimes smear most of their core or even separate in penetration. I've even shredded a few due to high impact velocity. But............every one of them kills with authority and the autopsy shows extensive damage.

More so than any hardcast or bonded bullet I've used. If I were going after buffalo or 500+ pound game.............I'm all in for cast or bonded bullets.

If you want them..........use them and never look back. But, your bullet did not fail. It did as designed, being a cup/core, and killed your animal.

You can use them as desired, but a sheep and a pig do not "require" a cast or bonded bullet. Not with good shot placement.

This is not meant to be rude or argumentative. Just trying to dispel any misconceptions.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith