I've been wanting a snub nosed bigbore revolver for YEARS! Through out those years, I've wandered back and forth as to which one to go with and what route to take. Then..........Ruger answered my question for me and they came out with the Kodiak Backpacker.

Trouble was, it was a limited run and scarce as balls in Washington. Searching for years for a reasonably priced one at a moment I could afford it.........wasn't ending well. So, I considered other options.

But, A friend kept getting me back on track. Then, after years of searching............I found one.

and it's as awesome as I imagined!

Along with my .45 Colt/ACP Redhawk which shares the same round butt grips frame............it is the most natural pointing revolver I own. Absolutely amazing!

The only deficiencies on the gun, which I anticipated and planned for, are the front sight and the trigger.

So, I replaced the front sight with a now discontinued HiViz FO front sight.

And have a Wilson Custom Tune Spring Kit on order. Which I will install when it arrives.

The grips are smooth, comfortable ,and beautiful.

My main goal for this gun is CCW with reduced handloads topped using a 250gr Cast HP from Matt's Bullets. But, it'll throw some hot 325gr WFN Cast bullets on occasion........just because I can.

I can't explain how happy I am to have finally found this gun. It's everything I ever wanted in a snub nosed bigbore.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith