Under ominous clouds and muggy temps, I hit the range this afternoon to try out my two new handguns.

The Ruger Kodiak was up first and I set the chronograph up and the target at 25 yards.

I had the range all to myself due to the weather. Which, I like.

Started off with the reduced (Trail Boss) 250gr RFHP loads. Due to the weight of the gun, these suckers were cupcakes in recoil! And, they shot very well at 25 yards (.416" three shot group) at a velocity of 867 fps as compared to the 917 fps out of my 4" Mountain Gun. That'll work.

Then, I moved the sights and stepped up to 10 yards to confirm zero. Three in the paster offhand and I was happy. I'll carry that load and this gun with no problem.

Loaded up the rip-roar 325gr WFN-GC rounds and let fly at 25 yards. Yeah.........a substantial difference in recoil compared to the reduced 250gr loads. But, not such as to be painful. Whether the weight of the gun or the design of the grip........it ain't all that bad. While I felt it in the web of my hand, I could shoot it with no problem. A box of 20 rounds would wear you out. It hasn't the palm smacking, pain inducing results I get with my .454 Bisley, though. The one that hurts so good.

A 2.75" barrel throwing 325gr hardcast bullets at 1,123 fps and grouping about 1" at 25 yards will satisfy me for now.

I am very pleased with this gun and would have no problem carrying it with the 250gr reduced loads for concealed carry or the 325gr heavy loads for the field.

The computer is giving me grief so I'll post this and add some video and the CVA next.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith