Done!!!

It took 3 range trips to finally get my hunting load for the CVA. The groups kept getting smaller and there was no sign of pressure in the brass. So, I just kept upping the powder and heading back to the range. I had a target accuracy of .5" or less and a target velocity of 2,800 fps.

The CVA beat both with ease. No group was much more than an inch and the standard deviations kept getting smaller as I put more powder in the case.

I settled on 45.0gr H4350 which is a grain and a half over the Hornady book max, but it shoots beautifully with no pressure issues.

Final velocity: 2,875 fps
Group size: .280" for 3 shots

I had some rounds left over, so I send them at the 300 yard steel target.

http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/...psew8zwgsq.mp4

The trigger, while nice out of the box at 2.5 pounds, is still a little heavy for bench work. I found myself pressing and pressing for it to go off while keeping the reticle on target. It's funny how you get use to lighter triggers and even 2.5 pounds seems to take tons of pressure to fire while your at your NRP.

I've now pulled the 4.5-14x Leupold off the gun and replaced it with a Leupold FXII 6x rifle scope. It's much lighter and handier. Simplifies things and frees the bigger Leupold up for other projects.

With this lighter bullet, the CVA is about a 300 yard gun. About 2,000 retained fps at that distance and I can do that with a 6x scope.

I..........LIKE...........THIS..........GUN!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith