Hi,
Planted a square foot garden this year and have been plagued with intruders. First it was the neighborhood dogs. To avoid war, I went with an electric fence. Dog problem ended peacefully.
Next to show up was a cotton tail. He was unfortunately able to come under the electric fence. However he did make the mistake of stepping out of the woods at the back of my yard. He was only 75 yards or so away. I told him he should leave as I went into the house to retrieve the Green Hornet. The Green Hornet is a Custom Contender with laminate Green grip and forearm chambered in 17 Ackley Hornet. My oldest Grandson named it this and claimed it as his upon my demise. It wears a 14 inch Full Bull Bullberry barrel. A Barska 6-20x50MM scope, while not the best optics, does bring the little critters up close for my old eyes.
When I returned with the gun poor Mr. Garden Thief was still present. Again I warned him to leave. I next entered my reloading shop and located the proper repellent for this intruder. Came outside and issued my final warning.
I then placed the crosshair on his eye and slowly squeezed the trigger. At the crack of the shot his body launched two feet into the air and landed in the same spot he was standing. Upon inspection it was noted he was lacking any structure whatsoever in his cranium. A small piece of jawbone and one ear was the only identifiable features.
Needless to say my Square Foot Garden is safe again, at least until the next intruder shows. I have a new 17/222 remington barrel that I haven't shot yet.
Well one can HOPE

I do LOVE these sub calibers

Safe Shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but, remember we are only practicing for something better.