Its time for me to add my 2 cents on the demise of Handgun Hunters International. As a 36 year Charter member I am quite saddened as I am a great fan of The Sixgunner and of JD Jones and everything he has done to pioneer the sport of big game handgun hunting over the past 40 plus years. The efforts of JD and his band of handgunning cronies brought hunting with a handgun out of the stunt category and into the main stream. As a ballistics developer he was instrumental in the development of many high performance cartridges and in advancing high performance ammunition for hunting and self defense. The JDJ line of cartridges were clearly top of the heap in the Contender for any animal on the planet long before the Encore platform was invented. The Sixgunner has been a mainstay of my reading library and will be greatly missed. Many of the posters on this site were also published in The Sixgunner long before this site (or the internet) existed.
I tip my hat to JD and I certainly wish him well. Thanks for pioneering our great sport!

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,... "
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.