Thanks again guys!

I left Atlanta on Thursday, July 14th and after a brief layover in Dallas I boarded the Quantas flight across the Pacific. I arrived in Sydney in the early morning hours of July 16th after being thrust 14 hours into the future. Luckily there was a bag on the baggage claim conveyor that had my name on the luggage tag containing an Untradot and 50 rounds of handloaded ammunition! After painlessly making it through customs, I now had the ammunition in Australia. If only it would make the next leg of the journey and arrive with me in Darwin the following day then I might actually pull the hunt off this time!

I spent the day near the Sydney waterfront and rested up after the previous days of traveling.

The next morning I left for Darwin and after an uneventful five hour flight, I waited anxiously at the baggage conveyor for my bag. I watched the conveyor like an eagle searching for prey and as the last bag came around my heart begin to sink. I then noticed a lady pushing a bag wrapped in flourescent green tape toward the baggage claim area and quicly realized that it was mine. Again I though wow! This hunt might actually happen this time!

I was met at the Darwin aiport by my guide Peter Anthony and his lovely wife, Donna. After loading my gear into the Toyota Hilux we began the long drive to the hunting camp. After a couple of hours of driving on a paved highway, we stopped at the closest settlement to camp and purchased a few supplies in the little village of Pine Creek.

Afterward, we made a right turn onto a dirt road and I don't think that Peter touched the steering wheel for miles! We drove about 45 miles an hour for another four hours and arrived at Wombungi Station; a large cattle ranch of over one million acres.

Just getting to the edge of the property didn't necessarily mean we were "there". It took another hour or so of driving to finally reach the camp, arriving just after nightfall. It didn't take long before Paul, the camp chef, had prepared the first of many delicious meals.

I learned that the camp had been washed away during the previous wet season and everything had been recently been rebuilt. Here are a few views of the camp:

The cooking/dining area:

My comfortable cabin:

I also had my own toilet/shower:

As you can see, I was really "roughing it".
\:\)

A small stream flowed through camp and this is where water was pumped for washing dishes, flushing toilets, and hot showers, etc.

Here is the view from the front porch of my cabin:

After flowing through camp, the stream cascaded down a beautiful waterfall forming a deep pool:

It would be hard to imagine a more beautiful site for a buffalo hunting camp anywhere in the Northern Territory Outback.