Thanks again for all of your comments guys!

Day2

We headed out to a new area on day two. On the way, I spotted another hog on my side of the vehicle and I yelled "PIG"! Unfortunately, he didn't hang around long enough to get shot at so we headed off once again in search of buffalo. Again we saw lots of buffalo, including one nice old shooter bull with broomed horn tips. However, upon seeing us he quickly gathered his harem of cows and left without even saying goodbye.

Day 3

I arrived at the kitchen just as it was breaking daylight and was talking with Chef Paul when all of a sudden Paul said "there's a pig!" I looked in the direction that he was pointing and sure enough, right across the stream from camp was a large boar rooting around. Unfortunately the 454 was in my cabin so I quickly sprinted the required 150 or so yards to retrieve it. Unfortunately by the time that I had returned the hog had rooted out of sight in the long grass. Lesson learned...don't even come to breakfast without your gun in the Outback.
\:\)

We hunted a completely different area on day three and we were determined to get a bull on the ground. We spotted a nice bull with a herd of cows from the road so we parked the vehicle out of sight and headed back on foot to try to approach close enough for a shot. Unfortunately we spooked a herd of domestic cattle which in turn spooked the buffalo and they ran into the bush. The cattle on the station were wilder than the buffalo!

We drove further down the road and spotted a lone water buffalo bull grazing next to a big brahman bull. After only a quick glance we noticed that he had good mass and broomed horn tips and we decided to make a go for him. He was approximately 100 yards from the road but I wanted to be 50 yards or less if possible in order to ensure a good shot on him. We used what little cover was available for our stalk but he didn't stick around. However he only ran a short distance into the bush and stopped. Peter attempted to call him by imitating the sound of a young calf in distress. While he didn't come to the call he was definitely interested in it and he just stood there staring at us. I attempted to close the distance and again he ran off. Peter once again called to him and he stopped, turned, and faced us.

There was a cattle path that led to a forked tree and Peter instructed me to crawl toward that tree while he called to the bull to keep his attention. This plan worked brilliantly as I was able to reach the tree and get in position for a shot. Unfortunately there was a small bush obstructing the bull's vitals. I could see the buffalo's head but I would have to guess where his vitals were and hope that the bullet would make it through the bush to him so I was uncomfortable in taking the risky shot.

Peter came in behind me and the bull just stood there staring at us. Peter once again called to him and the bull finally made a few steps foward offering me a clear shot. I aimed for the white patch at the base of the throat and sent a Barnes Buster on its way. The bull showed a good reaction to the shot, he stumbled and began staggering around. I was able to get another shot off before the bull ran to my left. I was able to get another two shots off before losing sight of the bull once again so I ran forward. The bull's was kneeling on his front legs and I was able to put my final two shots into him and he slowly laid down on his left side.

As I was reloading the revolver, Peter motioned for me to join him and we approached the downed bull. He asked me to put an insurance shot in the bull's spine and I quickly obliged him. We had finally done it! On my second trip to Australia, we finally had a nice bull on the ground and I learned that Peter's wife Donna had captured the whole thing on video on her iphone. I was glad that I didn't know I was being videoed or I'd probably have screwed the whole thing up!

Water Buffalo Crawl

Water Buffalo Shot