OK, looking forward to the report!

I prefer expanding bullets in most cases, but I am leery of expanding bullets on mature boars at lower velocities based on my experience with a 14" Contender muzzleloader. I shot this one several years ago with a 260 grain, .45 caliber Speer Gold Dot. If I remember correctly, the muzzle velocity was right around 1050 fps.

Even at point blank range, the bullets would not penetrate the shield. I switched powders and stepped the muzzle velocity up to 44 Mag levels and my penetration issues went away.

For example, these were shot with the same gun but I used a 240 grain, .44 caliber Remington JSP at about 1250 FPS

These were quick, clean kills.

I hope that I'm not hijacking your thread, I posted all of this to help illustrate why I am hesitant to load my 1911 with expanding bullets on a hog hunt. I think that it would work fine on sows and shoats but I would hate to get into another mess on a mature boar. Since the buffalo bore +P .45 ACP ammo lists a muzzle velocity of less than 1,000 fps I would feel safer with hard cast.

Best of luck with the experiment, I'm anxiously awaiting your findings!