Hello, my name is Bob. And, I'm a lurker. Actually, I joined the forum a while back. Then, between all the other hunting, fishing, and guitar forums I'm a member of, I kinda forgot about it. Fortunately for me, I recently re-found the forum.

I'm 61, and didn't start hunting seriously until about 10 years ago. So, trying to make up for lost time. My primary deer hinting rifle has been my Savage 110 in .270. Love the rifle, and the caliber. And, it's done a fine job.

However, my fondness for lever action rifles, and single action revolvers brought me to the desire to hunt more with both. I have 30-30, .35 Rem, and 45/70 in the levers. And, .357, .41 Mag, .44 Mag, and .45 Long Colt in the SA revolvers. The goal this season is to set the Savage aside, and hunt with the levers, and revolvers.

Actually sat in the deer blind a couple of years ago with my Super Blackhawk with the intention of shooting a doe. However, I was interrupted when my son started texting me that he had downed his first buck, a dandy 10 point. My doe hunt was interrupted.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum, and do plan to be more involved. One thing I seem to find conflicting opinions on is handgun hunting ammo. I read of guys hunting hogs with hollow points. But, I've read a lot of opinions that hollow points don't get the penetration needed for hogs hunting. Hard cast seems to be the preferred projectile. Even for deer, I have read that hard cast is the way to go.

I'd like to hear more from the handgun hunters here regarding that argument. The proof is in the results, as they say.

Anyway, thanks for the invite reflex!