I'm getting close to the time that I'll be building a 327 Federal for small game hunting. I'm going to have it done on the SBH frame. Probably do a 10 shot cylinder, maybe more if it will fit. I like the SBH frame because of the wider trigger, and wider hammer. Probably going to do at least a 6" bull barrel or octagon barrel, and target sights of some sort. Haven't figured that part out yet. I might even get a TC Encore and have a 327 Federal barrel made for it till the revolver gets here, then sell the encore... or get different barrels. In case you're wondering, this is why I decided to go with the 327 Federal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.327_Federal_Magnum Well, that and I'm tired of looking for 22 caliber stuff. Figured I'd just roll my own this way, and have an outstanding caliber to boot!!

I ask these questions simply in terms of curiosity. They have nothing to do with my decision to get the 327 Federal. My mind is already made up to go with it. I'm just asking this to those that have, or have had, the 327 Federal.

What is the longest distance you feel comfortable shooting the 327 Federal in hunting situations on small game up to the size of coyotes?

Did you like the performance of hardcast bullets in such a small chambering?

If you reloaded for this chambering, what was your best load?
I will be using Titegroup and / or H110 with hardcast. But if there is something that you found that is crazy accurate, I'd be willing to try it.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.