[quote=Bob Roach]WPrather You made a very good pick. I have a 9.5 SRH in 480 Ruger with a 30mm UltraDot, and my little brother has a 9.5 Inch SRH 44 Magnum with 30mm UltraDot. The Super feels good in the hand, they work great, they are heavy enough without being an anchor like the Big Smiths in 460 & 500.

Contact Ruger about swapping the BRAND NEW 1" Rings for 30mm Rings. They swapped them on mine with no problem.

Do you know the difference between the standard Hogue Grip and the Hogue Tamer? I am not sure if Ruger is putting the Tamer's on all the Super RedHawks now or just the 454/480. Push on the back of the grip where the web of your hand goes and see how soft it is. OR pull the grip and look for a Smurf Blue insert down the back on the inside of the grip. Depending on how warm your loads are you might want to swap to the Hogue Tamer if they are not on it now. They are plenty cheap and really soak up recoil.

You have 2 choices in 30mm UltraDots. The standard version has a fixed 4 MOA Dot Size. It works fine, but in low light, "Closing Time in a Valley" situations you will get a little Bloom the last few minutes of shooting light.

Normally in good light I will be set on 3 or 4 on brightness. I will keep checking the sight as the light goes down, and turning it down as the light fades to 1.

The Better Option is the 30mm MatchDot II. It costs a little more money, but has multiple reticle choices. The only one you need to concern yourself with is the 2 MOA Dot Size. Going from 4 MOA down to 2 MOA really helps with Bloom in low light. I will guarantee you if you had both to look through on your stand at Closing Time you would pick the MatchDot II. I am getting ready to order a second MatchDot II for the wifes 357 Maximum Contender barrel. I have one on my 35 Bullberry Contender barrel now.

My brother and I both have 6 Inch GP100's also. We mainly shoot them in our monthly ICORE Revolver Match. With a Weigand Combat Base they would make a great practice revolver. We both have 3 Inch GP100's and 2.25 inch SP101's. Did I mention I like Rugers.

I do not holster carry my Super RedHawk. I have a Boyt Case for a Contender that I had D rings sewn on for a shoulder strap. I carry my revolver cased under my left arm like a Muzzleloader Possibles Bag.

I live in Texas County about 7 miles North of Mark Hampton. Your picture of the Big Buck looks like you are probably in the Ozarks also.

I actually live in St. Francios county but I work for Pace construction out of West Plains. We work all over the ozarks working on 60 at Mountain Grove right now. I do hunt in Texas County and Pulaski, have for the last 25-26yrs. From Licking to the back gate of Ft. Lenord Wood.

I actually put a 2.5x8x28 Weaver on it for now but I will be getting some 30mm rings and trying a red dot also. I already have a 30mm Millet at home that looks identical to the ultra dot that I can try to see what I like best. I haven't had a chance to do any reloading or work up any loads for it yet. Working out of town 6days a week puts a damper on pretty much everything. But I hope to get it sighted in this evening and shoot it some with a couple boxes of 240gr XTP's that I picked up.