Just saw this thread, I have CVA optima pistol also, but older model trigger release. It was "pre-owned" and had a silver 4x Simmons setting on top when I grabbed it up. This handgun is something !! My older Brother shoots competition & was on the mend from rotater cuff surgery a while back. He stopped at mine place in Centre Co PA after he was able to drive again. So we gathered up some "toys" and off to Scotia Range. Started working w/ different pellets /bullet combos at 25 & 50yrds. He was impressed !! He is a Luepold / UltraDot fanatic ,but he was satisfied w/the setup. I have/had several Simmons glass on various revolvers & TC barrels. OK ,but not as bright as most other scopes. I think 4x is a good all around glass for said hogleg. I'm still on the mend from surgery so I can't play w/ramrod pushing yet, and I've got the Blackhorn breechplug to try powder in the future. Stocked up w/ Triple Seven (yuk) & WhiteHots, so I'm going to burn them up first. I have tried several dot sights on my handguns & just can't get them into the field. Indoor range work is OK though. I agree that 2x6 is about ideal for the power/range of the Optima (& most)handguns. Special needs call for special glass tho.