Kyodee257, all this good advice from members. While here at the house recuperating ,reading & re-reading these posts, I've been mulling over the same thing. If I was just "afflicted" with the TC "bug" and started like you w/ a 30-30(for in line comparison). What would I get next ? A 10" 22RF for sure w/ a Weaver base. This would allow me to shoot indoors w/ red dot of choice , then have a good variable power scope to tackle lots of small game & plinking short & long. Even bulk ammo shoots great in these barrels. Next,, a .357 factory 12". Same principle applies, Weaver type base for dot sight to play w .38 specials & another good scope sighted for .357mag of choice. In my cross country travels , I've always found plenty of .38 loads available. This line up takes into account ammo availability & options w/o putting reloading in play. For both centerfires , factory options like FTX & Buffalo Bore , Corbon etc. tackle a lot of tasks. Yes ,, they maybe expensive, but so is setting up to reload. You can save brass for that later or work something out w/ TRUSTED friends. On the subject of sights ,dots & scopes. I have found previously mentioned methods acceptable for sight switch out w/little if any re-sighting needed. If in doubt Warne or EABCO quick change systems are excellent. I think this trio of barrels could multi task nicely for most shooting needs, one could throw in a .45/410 also. Oh,, start to seek help. Remember ,admitting you have a problem is the first step to treatment, So I've heard. cont35bb