This past spring I bought a S&W 460 to begin handgun hunting deer with. I've hunted since I was 7 but never with a handgun. A couple months ago I decided I'd also buy a CVA Optima v2 handgun to hunt a public hunting area where center fire cartridge weapons are prohibited. I topped it with a Leupold scope and zeroed it at 50 yards using 100 gr of Triple 7 pellets and 240 gr Hornady xtp mag. I was very impressed with the accuracy of this handgun. Today I took it to the public land I hunt. I went to an area I had seen deer activity before and set up underneath a cedar tree. I hadn't been set up for about 20 mins when I big doe appeared. I watched her for a few mins and when she stepped from behind a tree about 35 yards away I squeezed the trigger and the smoke rolled. I set tight for about 20 mins then went to check where she had been standing. I followed the blood trail for about 60 yards and recovered my very first handgun kill. I am now hooked and I'm looking forward to getting the 460xvr some action, hopefully this weekend.