Muzzle Velocity: 1,958 fps
Distance: 50 yards
Angle: Slightly Quartering Towards
Impact Velocity: 1,798 fps (est)
Distance Traveled: 31 yards

Entrance Low Behind Shoulder

The bullet broke 1 rib on entrance.

Thoracic Cavity

The bullet struck the left front lobe of the lungs. A portion of the front lobe is what exited the body and was pictured on the ground above. Then, the bullet passed through the side of the heart and exited the right rear lung.

I did not think the angle was steep enough to hit the abdomen, but regardless, the diaphragm was compromised and liver damaged. Ballistically speaking, the bullet did not pass through the liver. It exited the back of the thoracic cavity. But, passing so close to the liver, I believe the temporary cavity and the hydrostatic wave caused by the bullet induced the damage to the Liver being as it is not a pliable organ that can stretch and swell. It just tears.

Exit

I am very pleased with the results of this pistol bullet being driven at higher velocities out of the .35 Remington. It penetrated well, obviously expanded, and caused enough hydrostatic damage to damage untouched organs. Causing massive bleeding and actual expulsion of lung tissue. While her outward reaction was subdued, she only traveled a short distance with ample bleeding and expired quickly.

All in all, well done by the cartridge and bullet.

I truly love the .358 caliber.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith