the "experts" have been stuck in 1980's bullet technology. just the fact you bring up tko tells me you need to look a bit deeper. did ya know that brett favre throwing a can of soup has a higher tko than any rifle? it's made up by taylor, who then constantly cites exceptions to the rule in his own book. tko means as much as muzzle energy. where, ryan, do you draw the line? at 44, 45, 475, 500, .510?, .40? where and why. or do you evolve your thinking based on seeing what works and how well it works. handgunning has not progressed much because people subscribe to an ideology and then see what they want, not what is. hell, i used an expandable on a cape buff that did better than many i know of that used big hardcast. one shot and down. shot 2x more for effect, but what else does one need to know. the experts said i shouldn't do it, i did it and have continued to kill large things with what the experts recommend against. makes me wonder who the experts really are. i know half the ones i hear out there touting things against what i've seen haven't got the pile of bodies of animals over 1000lbs i do. once again, makes me wonder why they're experts.