The input that I read here does seem to have SOME validation but, I do not believe that most posters on this topic really understand the meaning of TRUE CUSTOM.... a hand build firearm, car, motorcycle....what have you, all comes with a price. you take nothing but premium components, hand assembled... THE DAKOTA ARMS WAY, finished the same way with a 1/2 minute accuracy guarantee and a unconditional lifetime guarantee.... there is NO WAY you could build these types of QUALITY handguns for the kind of money you posters are stating in this thread... I have had numerous custom firearms built for me, some through the Remington Custom Shop and some from other TOP TIER builders in the country and every one of them has been pretty much on par with the costs that Remington is stating that these will sell for. I own several Dakota rifles and their attention to detail is far better than 95% of the custom gun builders you read about all the time.
I realize that I am opening a can of worms here but, you guys really need to do your homework before posting some of the silly things that you do. I look forward to reading the comments on this one.........................