Glad I know where I stand now. I'm obtuse, and haven't put together any custom firearms.

I never did say there wasn't talent in the custom industry. Never did say I or anyone on here was the last word in custom firearms.

All barrels start the same way, a blank. They are then threaded and chambered to fit said firearm. Setting the shoulders back, reaming, they all end up the same way, on the weapon. How is it that a short chambered barrel isn't custom? Its to my specifications, I choose the reamer specifications, what's the secret? Is it because I don't own CNC equipment? If that makes you a custom builder, my God I'll buy the equipment tomorrow!

It all comes down to this, it isn't custom if you yourself start with an action and build it from the ground up. You mentioned that custom shops\builders start with only the best and go from there. I can do the same thing, but it isn't custom!?

The only time something is custom is when you shell out massive amounts of cash for it. Seen it a million times, have seen your thought process a million times as well. You look down upon us mere mortals that have the ability to build a quility custom firearm as if we are scum just because a name brand didn't build it for us.

All things aside, good for you and the guns that you have. I do hope you enjoy them and are very successful in whatever you pursue with them.