Well, dude used Double Tap loads, so I'm not sure the reason behind all the monometal talk. Are you even referring to bullets that actually exist? He's used an LBT that is not even heavy for its caliber. So there are NO revelations here regarding the bullets actually used.

No one is "bashing" Dobbs. I'm pretty sure we can debate his choices without it being considered "bashing". Sure, he did it. We wouldn't hear about it if he didn't. That doesn't make it a good idea. Evel Knievel jumped over 14 Greyhound buses with a Harley but does that mean I'm gonna try it? Lots of elephants have been brained with the 6.5x54MS, does that make it wise to attempt today? Dobbs also killed elk with a 155gr load and I think that's just as absurd. Why? Because I tested the various jacketed bullets out of the .38-40 and anything lighter than 180gr is a joke. Even the 180's are a little light in the loafers for deer. Yeah, the 230gr LBT is a better design than the Keith bullet but it's not 'that' much better. It's not so much better that it makes up for the lack in mass. You're still giving away half your penetration. The point was not to compare the Keith bullet to the LBT. The point was that the bullets are the same weight for their respective calibers and moving at similar velocities. So yes, it is very comparable to using a Keith .44Spl load for the same task. The .41Spl is nearly the same diameter and can heave a 215gr cast bullet at 1200fps out of a Colt SAA without even straining it. I guess it's good too then, huh? What would happen if we started a thread about that?

If you guys feel so strongly about it, you're more than welcome to try it yourself. You'll never convince me that the 10mm is good for anything bigger than deer, even if the bullets are made of depleted uranium. I believe in following an idea to its logical conclusion. If we conclude that the 10mm is good for Cape buffalo, I reckon the .380 is a deer cartridge. Seriously. I have a hard enough time convincing folks that the .38-40 is a halfway decent deer cartridge. Little did I know that I could take my antiquated 1873 Sporting Rifle to take Africa's Big Five!

Seriously, this is absurd.

Or maybe my Colt!