Originally Posted By: Ryan 500L
haven't done what? I never claimed to be a world known hunter that hangs out with other world known hunters, I just enjoy shooting and hunting with revolvers when I can, hogs, deer that's about all we got around where I live and I'm not rich so I can't go other places to do just that. John Linebaugh and Jack Huntington I've talked with at gun shows and on the phone and they've both done work for me and I listen to them and I told them what loads I was using and for the guns they built me and what they were for and neither one them said a negative thing about it, and that load has worked everytime so if its great to shoot a cape buffalo with a .40 caliber 230 grain hardcast lead bullet at 1150fps why wouldn't a 500 Linebaugh work?? baffles me

sorry, ryan, but that is why i asked. who do you talk to that, they themselves, or yourself, have actually successfully hunted cape buffalo? it's kinda like training for a fight and training with a guy that has just point fought and had a bit of sparring experience.........or do ya listen to who has been in the ring. not trying to be a jerk, just wondering what angle you're viewing this thru.