Originally Posted By: sixshot
I always like these posts & most guys stay pretty civil although very few change their mind about what works & what is a proper load to take really big game with. Gotta love it!
I can't weigh in about anything bigger than elk & moose & African plains game but when you get into animals that size I do know they can take a lot of punishment most times. Sometimes I've seen them go down like they were hit with a bazooka! I assume every reply on here is directed at handguns only, it seems like sometimes so of them might be referring to rifles!
Just my opinion but those that know me will know I always use cast & I don't believe there is enough difference to really matter over a "good" cast bullet & the best jacketed solid out there in a handgun....not rifle! I've killed too many elk with cast to think differently. I know cape buffalo are bigger than elk or moose but cast, made properly will work, especially if a 40 caliber can do it....I think!
And a lot of those buffalo Lynn killed in Australia were killed with a 44 magnum using 300 gr. XTP's.

Dick

i assume you're in the proper bullet camp. just needs to be good! you've got plenty of experience on game. you need to try the dangerous biggies though. it's just toooooooo much fun!