There's certainly a challenge to hunting with a handgun over a long gun, enough to get me back into squirrel hunting after years of finding it unsatisfying when using a shotgun. But for me, though, it isn't so much about the challenge, even though that's part of the draw; rather, it's the uniqueness of our sport. Think about it, how many people do you know that hunt with handguns? Members of this site don't count, unless you know them fairly well in person offline. Even if you know other handgun hunters, you probably know a lot more who hunt with bows/muzzleloaders/rifles than handguns.

One of my favorite things about hunting with a handgun are the incredulious and impressed looks I get when I recount my hunting stories to non handgun hunters. There have even been several people who have said "You can do that?" in response. Let's not even get started on the responses I get when I mention my 300 Win Mag Encore pistol. It's always interesting hunting alongside a rifle hunter yet still having the ability to shoot as far or even farther than him/her.

I tried bowhunting years ago, but unlike seemingly everyone else who's tried it, I didn't really care for it all that much.

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling