Hi, well this would be my first post but here goes. Jacketed vs. hard cast, I can only speak from experience: Bull Moose, 300gr LBT at 1200fps, about 50yds, two in lungs, complete pass through moose, animal took off, I caught up and put one through both shoulder and spine at 10+yds, dropped, recovered slug, you could reload it. Fortunately the bull did not make it to the nearby swamp and blow down thicket, but that's only because I ran like a mad man through some stuff I should have walked slowly through...

Cow elk, 25yds, 300gr LBT, lungs, complete penetration ran half mile, finished with head shot, not impressed. Again, animal didn't die somewhere real inconvenient.

Cow elk, 250gr Nosler Partition,35yds, lungs, 10yds, DRT, complete penetration, OK.

Bear, Hornady XTP (not MAG)broke up on shoulder, followed up with 2 Nosler Partitions, these ripped through and put the bear down.

Deer, close to 2 dozen plus? Anyway, Hard cast LBT resulted in long runs unless smacked in shoulders, one ran over a half mile and died on some guys lawn, fortunately no one was home, could have been embarrassing. I EAT deer why do I want to blow a hole in already skinny meat on the shoulders? Almost any reasonable expanding bullet put them down quickly and cleanly with a lung shot.

240gr Hornady XTP MAG at 1750fps out of the Casull, DRT lightening strikes out to 100yds (longest shot so far with this.

Current handguns, Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull 7.5 inch with Ultra Dot Sight. Ruger Redhawk 45/45ACP 4.2 inch with factory sights.

Defense of Life and Property bear shooting was handled with my 12ga over 7x57R combination gun, a 1 oz Brenneke slug and a 175gr Partition at 23ft. WILL put down a 350 lb bear RIGHT NOW.

Final thoughts, there is a universe of difference between what a cheap bulk jacket bullet will do on large game and what a purpose built, premium jacket bullet will do. Compare Hunting bullets to hunting bullets NOT paper punchers to hard cast.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Have Fun! I know I will!