Well, I finally got Photobucket to work, but I'm at work, so I will give just a brief synopsis. First, this is here because I suck and because I did not listen to my own advice. I shot this deer with a muzzleloader. If there is a recovery room or somewhere to get counselling, I'm all ears.

Anyway, quickly, I first spotted this deer, affectionately named the "Split Buck" by a buddy, in November when I failed to get a shot on him with a bow. 59 yards was too far for me and he was too regal to risk.

Fast forward two months, and after dealing with numerous trespassing issues, four-wheelers tearing up my land and impending shoulder surgery (3 days away), it's January 8th and I'm borderline depressed. It's 8:45, I about to call it a morning when I spot the Split and a dandy 4X4. After a bungled stalk, relocating the buck, and then a stalk to what I thought would be a 220 yard shot, I had left behind the FA .454 knowing I could make that shot with the MZL. Well, I made it closer, 153 yards (Where is my FA now?) I'm able to connect with the buck. I did have to finish the deer with the Python as the MZL had only shocked the spine and he had regained his feet, he was climbing the terrace when two well placed 180 grain JSP put him down for good from 60 yards.