I have no experience hand loading cast bullets. I understand that cast bullets are less expensive, cause less wear on the bore and can be sized to achieve a perfect fit with your cylinder throats and bore. These are important benefits.

However, if I accept that and want to use jacketed bullets anyway am I sacrificing anything in terminal effects?

I am loading for a .44 magnum and want a load that will be effective for both hogs and deer. I probably could do fine with an XTP or other jacketed bullet but the locals tell me to be prepared for the possible truly large hog.

I hope to get to cast bullets at some point but for now I want to load jacketed bullets of somewhere between 240 and 280 grains. My research indicated I need look no farther than Partitions, until my research indicated they are no longer sold.

My additional research indicated the Swift A Frame may be the solution. Although it losses a small percentage of weight with penetration it still appears to end up putting a .44 caliber hole all the way through an animal. Speaking without experience, this sounds pretty much like what a hard cast bullet would do.

Would I get any additional benefit by using hard cast instead? (Other than cost, etc., as mentioned earlier)

Thank you for any assistance.