All true, every bullet has came a long way. Those Punch bullets Kellye started making several years ago were great. I think he's since sold the rights to someone else.
My only real experience with a good jacketed slug was with the Speer 270 Gold Dot & it isn't one of the really tough bullets when something a few paces away might want to stomp a hole in your breakfast but it did work great on the one elk I shot with it.
I am surprised about the 300 gr. XTP thought because of what I've read about from Lynn Thompson using them in Austrailia on a whole bunch of Buffalo with great results using high shoulder shots & getting exits on many of them.
I'm only going on what you guys tell me about the Swift A Frames & the Barnes bullets.
Still, I'll stick with cast, & not wanting to argue but agree, some can make too hard of a cast slug. By that I mean brittle. Get carried away with the antimony & you get brittle. I want a tough cast slug, not a brittle cast slug so until I have one fail me, in my house they are still better.
I do enjoy all of you younger guys experiences, that's what makes our game good & makes it better.

Dick