The back story to this is that ernie and I were talking on the phone back early fall of last year. Mentioning that I was somewhat uninspired by any current guns on the market, told him about a childhood desire I had.

I'd always been enamored and lusted after a Pachmayr Dominator. Ever since reading articles by Bob Milek back in the 80s and seeing pictures of him hunting with one. It was a Grail gun I'd never acquired.

Well, turns out Ernie had the same desire.

About a week later, he calls me and informs me that he now had 3 Dominators!!!! Three!!!!! Seems after our conversation, he went to searching on GB for Dominators. He found thee and put bids on them. Amazingly, winning all of them.

Being Dominator rich, he asked if I wanted one of them. Well, duh!!!

I chose the .35 Remington with as close to original parts for the era as could be had. It also sported an older Burris 2-7x pistol scope and Burris rings and bases.

It looked like a spitting image image of my childhood Grail gun!!!

Ernie being Ernie, he offered to send it to me immediately. But, I told him to wait. Well, my patience finally ran out and it's mine now.

I immediately took the 2-7x Burris off the gun. It's an excellent scope. Much better than their current pistol scope. It has a clearer picture and greater eye relief than my modern era 2-7x Burris. This old gal will go on my .243 Winchester SP.

Therefore, I mounted a nice 4x Weaver pistol scope I had on my shelf onto the Dominator. For my intended use with this gun, the 4x is perfect in compactness and magnification. I'm in love!

I plan to load up some 158gr Hornady XTP bullets and see how they shoot. Down the road, I might get some 180gr Spire Point bullets to give her a little more leg. But, I have no intention of making her something she is not. This is a classic Grail gun in a classic chambering that I plan on living and caring for the rest of my life. She will take deer and pigs and be pampered.

Three handguns haunted my childhood dreams.

HK PSP/P7
7.5" Ruger Redhawk
Pachmayr Dominator

I have finally, in my adulthood, acquired all theee.

My cup runneth over.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith