Originally Posted By: Gary
You should never load light loads using powders like 296 or H110 because they can detonate vs. ignite and that's when you have a problem.

Gary I have to correct this with COMPLETE respect for you... This is not a disagreement or opinion..it is an absolute correction!

The detonation of a reduced load of 296/H110 is NOT true information!

You are not the only guy to mention this myth,..even in this one thread!

The men of this forum (ladies?) are some of the most versed folks in the world on handguns and reloading. It's up to us to fix this... not repeat it.

The internet loves to parrot this myth! It is %100 False!! The powder just fails to ignite.

The only problem with reduced loads with H110/W296 powder is that the powder does not burn properly, and you get a squib, aka.., failure to fire, and you get a bullet stuck in your barrel.

This offers a serious situation, and bore obstruction, when the next round is fired!

Personally, I have never had a bullet get past the forcing cone with a 296 squib, so it always "ties" up my revolver...except once with a 22 Raging Hornet..and the next round fired did bulge the barrel pretty badly.

We need to remove this myth about H110/296 from the internet. If we could just post the truth and have it go viral on the net forums, we could end this mis-information for all time..and for everyone, in about 2 weeks!

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Because Sam Colt don't make a 46."