I honestly believe I'm the only dedicated Handgun Hunter in this county. In fact, I've had more than one situation where I was asked point blank "are you really killing those good deer with a pistol?" A guy told my Step-Dad he'd let me shoot at him at 100 yards with just a pistol ... to which my Step-Dad responded "you really don't want to do that!" LOL [/quote]

People are always skeptical about things they know nothing about. Offer to take him shooting ,then show him what pistols are capable of doing.Have a good friend who had a warped stock on his rifle and could not get it sighted in. He swore up and down it was not the problem. I stuck a paper match between barrel and stock and in three shots with him shooting convinced him. He believed you couldn't hit at extended range with a handgun either. Three or four shots at 150 yds. and he just said damn! I didn't believe you. Now he doesn't question why I always hunt with a pistol. Some people you just have to show to get the point across.
\:\)

junebug