Originally Posted By: 45MAN
I WANT BULLET INTEGRITY, NO EXPANSION (WHICH INHIBITS/SLOWS PENETRATION) THAT IS WHY I PREFER FMJ FLAT POINTS LIKE THE COR-BON PENETRATORS, THE PUNCH BULLETS AND THE BARNES BUSTERS. I DO NOT TRUST CAST BULLETS FOR THE BIG STUFF BECAUSE A HARD BULLET IS A BRITTLE BULLET, i.e.IT CAN AND MAY BREAK UP. IN AFRICA AND IN ALASKA I PREFER THE FLAT POINT FMJ's .............

I know of a couple of guys that had a rough time with cast bullets on Cape buff which is why my last African hunt I used Punch bullets in both of my Freedom Arms model 83`s. The hunt cost me to much money to have to worry about my bullet... Don`t know enough about cast bullets and how to make them correctly for the game being hunted for me to consider them. For those that do know, I wish them good hunting....My scoped 475 used a handload with a 390 gr. punch over 296 while my iron sight 500WE used Grizzly`s 420 gr punch ammo...Hit that buff with five of the punch bullets from the 500WE and like you, offered the skinners money for the bullets, but none were recovered...

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"