No matter how many of these books you read I can assure you, you will always learn something, all of us do, no matter how much experience you have.
Eastern hunting is different than western hunting, African hunting is different than hunting safari style in Texas, the 44 magnum you refer to as old & not very modern compared to some of the newer hot rods, it all gets explained in these books by authors who have tried, failed & then succeeded over many years by getting out in the game fields & finding out what works. There's no easy way to get there.
Handgun hunting demands patience, practice, failure, more practice, experimenting, more practice, swapping ideas, more practice....you get the idea.
No one was born a successful handgun hunter, you earn you way into it. If optics are a necessity that red dot could be the answer, I've tried them twice & they weren't for me but I'm going to try one a third time because both previous times when they cost me a muley buck it was really the situation, not the dot sight that caused the problem. Most times I carry 2 sixguns, one sicking out of the top of my backpack, the second in a good (Barranti) shoulder or belt rig.
Read, re-reading & then practicing what you read in these books speeds up the learning curve & saves you much time & money from guys with years of experience.
Don't be offended to hunt high fence property, you have to gain experience somehow. Hunting one week a year for one deer is a hard way to learn. Get some experience under your belt & then move up the food chain. Some of us can hunt every day, others have to drive 2 hours just to find a tin can to tumble.
If you truly want to be a sixgunner study what you read, don't over gun, you can slow down a big gun!! And then get out there, don't talk about it, do it!!!!! I've always found there are 2 kinds of sixgunners, those that can & those that talk about it, which are you, challenge yourself.

Dick