I think we've learned a good bit from all of this. We've learned that while hardcast bullets are very good, they also have limitations. Some did very well and reached the hide on the far side. Some were heavily damaged but still worked reasonably well. Some failed miserably. We had a 500gr .500Linebaugh come completely unglued. How do you predict which result you'll get if you only get one shot at a trophy Cape buffalo? Personally, I wouldn't and would consider the $4 a shot for Punch bullets to be cheap insurance. We're also learning that bullets that maintain their nose shape penetrate measurably better than those that deform or flatten even the slightest amount. We're learning that weight is probably not quite as important as we once thought. The Punch bullets are 270gr and 285gr at well over 1400fps and they did better than hardcast WFN's that were 85gr heavier. I was extremely impressed with the Swift A-frame. We saw bullets pushed to nearly 2000fps that expanded well but held together enough to also penetrate extremely well.

The Barnes Buster is a great penetrator but the meplat is pretty small, even smaller than an LFN. Because it's all copper with no lead core, it's also a very long bullet for its weight. Loaded to the bottom crimp groove and filled with 300MP, I could get them to 1380fps but that is too long for anything but the Redhawk/Super Redhawk or custom long cylinder single action. In my opinion, the Punch is the best combination of freight train tough construction, weight, meplat size and nose shape and would be my choice for dangerous game. For an expanding bullet on elk, moose or big antelope, the A-frame would be at the top of the list.