Originally Posted By: Franchise
Craig, get over yourself....who cares....

I was going to say the same thing to you. YOU obviously do care.

I've also shot a bunch of deer, foxes, raccoons, possums, rabbits, beavers, muskrats, and squirrels in the free ranging wild.

So have the rest of us. Every year for over 30yrs. Do you want a participation trophy?

The point that I was making is that MONEY by itself doesn't make you a hunter.

That may have been what you were thinking but it's not what you said. No, it doesn't make you a hunter but the lack of it doesn't make one superior either. Hunting makes you a hunter, irrespective of how much you spend in the process.

I still and always will feel that people who bring the food home from hunting value that experience that much more than others.

A. Who are you to judge the experience of others and how do you know anyway?

B. So no food is brought home from guided hunts?

C. You seem to be awfully concerned with what others are doing and why. I don't care one way or another. I'm too busy doing my own thing to care what anyone else is doing or why. To use your wording, who cares???

I personally get a lot of satisfaction out of hunting my own property. It is a huge accomplishment just to be able to buy enough land to hunt on. Does that somehow lessen my hunts on that property? Uh, no. Does that make me inferior or superior (morally or otherwise) to someone who hunts public property just to feed his family? No. No measure of inferiority/superiority have anything to do with it. Do I value the experience less? No. Does hunting Africa with a PH lessen that experience? No. Does a western elk hunt through an outfitter, as opposed to hunting on your own on public land lessen the experience? It might but only the individual can decide that. Is the experience of bird hunting lessened by the assistance of dogs? Certainly not. Who looks at it like that anyway? They are all different and have their own appeal.

The whole point here is that denigrating and judging someone just because they have money is no better and no different from doing the same just because they do not have money. While the former may be more socially acceptable in our current political climate they are equally toxic and neither serves a purpose other than to divide people. So who is REALLY pumping their ego here??? This is the problem with judging people. You will often find that you are more guilty than those you accuse.