Oh, I have witnessed some of those "love feasts," with the stick and string world, here concerning handguns, and other places too.
Still, at the end of the day, it is so childish.
Those kinds of arguments led me to spin this up the other day.
Enjoy

I don't care if you hunt with a 2 inch revolver or semi-auto and iron sights, if that's what you like, it's legal, and you can kill game with it. That same semi-auto or revolver with a longer barrel and iron sights. Either barrel length from above and a dot sight, reflex sight or scope-COOL! I don't care if you handgun hunt with a specialty pistol, whether it is a straight wall case or bottleneck case, regardless of length, weight or optic/sight. Even In In The RIFLE World, SBR's can be very short/lighweight rigs and then you see the other extreme; there are rifles that weigh over 60 pounds with 30 inch + barrels. Yet all of those are rifles! I have listed a variety of handguns (whether you like it or not they are all handguns), and if they are legal in your area where you are hunting, and it is what you want to use, go and have a great time. I really don't care if your max limit on big game is 25 yards or 1400 yards-Live within your limits, but do not impose those limits on others. If it is legal, your handgun/bullet is capable, and you are capable in those conditions, go and have a great time. I have seen to much childishness at times...It's not really a handgun hunting IF...It can't or should not be done because...It is not real handgun hunting, if, you use an optic...And, all the other silly things that get said sometimes. Support your fellow handgun hunters and handgun shooters! Just because you can't do it or don't like it, does not mean it is wrong, unethical, or impossible for others. Firearm owners and hunters do an excellent job of shooting themselves and others in the foot at times-Don't be that guy!

Ernie the Un-Tactical