I will try and post a couple more pictures shortly. I got the legs on and the Bracing & Band Boards pretty much all completed today. We stood it up around 6PM. It stood up as planned. I used my John Deere on the down hill side to raise it up as far as the front end loader with bale spikes would reach. We had a heavy duty ratchet strap around the oak band boards with a healthy nylon rope on both sides. My brother used his 4 wheel drive compact tractor to pull it on over vertical. As soon as he started on up with it I backed my tractor off and made a couple turns around the front axle with the rope to make sure it did not go on over. No problem at all. Everything went like clock work.

Tomorrow I still have one board on the down hill X Brace to install on what was the ground side when putting the legs on. I will also start on the Ladder up the side. I have a 4"x4" board attached to the legs high and low with 1/2" Bolts and Lock Nuts. I will notch out the vertical 2" x 6" boards to recess into the 4" x 4" boards. Then I will install 2" x 6" steps up the side about 15 inches apart. I also have 4 heavy metal handles that I will install with Lag Bolts instead of the supplied screws for hand holds at the top.

I will also need to saw off the legs to level it up, and I will also probably use concrete post feet between the posts and the ground. That will leave anchoring it in place. I will probably install large screw in Eyes and drive in some anchors constructed from large ReBar. I will use small Cable and Turn Buckles to secure it in place. That should be trouble free for years.

Then I will get on the roof. I am thinking about using 1/2" pipe (36") with a Floor Flange on each end on all 4 corners to support the roof. That will be as good as it gets to not block the view from the stand. I will frame up the top, and get a couple sheets of metal roofing formed at Custom Form in Mtn View.

Then all Wilma will need is a Large Buck to make her day. Which by the way we saw today when looking over our Trail Camera cards. We have lots of bucks on the cameras. Several average 10 points, and a couple that are pretty impressive. It is pretty hard to count the bucks, but I am guessing that we had at least 15 different ones on the cameras. We ran out of light with one more camera to pull the card on. We have it set up watching a large Cedar Tree that gets rubbed every year.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Roach; 10/06/2017 7:12 AM.

See You At The Range