Howdy all, I was a member a long time back. Life happened and I've been away for a while. I started lurking a while back and decided to join in again.

I started hunting whitetail and javelina with revolvers as a young teen. I enjoyed it a bunch and picked up a Contender in a trade about a decade later. I fell in love with it immediately. It came with a 10" 357 Max barrel. As I already loaded 357 Mag ammo, it was no big deal to load for the Max. I took a deer with it not long after. I later found a deal on an Armor Alloy Super 14 in 35 Remington and took a deer with factory Remington Core Lokt ammo. Enter children and life changes.

Fast forward a little and I've taken a few deer and a hog since then, but they were with rifles. My oldest is now an experienced hunter and we own some land near Kerrville, Texas which has whitetail and Axis deer, as well as an obnoxious amount of hogs. So, I've got the bug again. My reloading gear has been packed up for probably 12 years, so the Max is out for now. Also, arthritis and carpal tunnel have settled in, so I'm hesitant to unleash the 35 Remington Kraken. It was a hammer at both ends. So, I have a gently used Super 14 in 30-30 on the way and can't wait to sight her in! I look forward to hopefully posting a pic or two from the upcoming deer season. Thanks guys.

Last edited by JDK; 10/15/2017 1:02 AM.

John

But for the grace of God, there, I go.