The JRH was conceptualized long before the S&W. It was designed as a rimmed cartridge that would fit the FA 83 platform and could be easily adapted to those guns already chambered in .50AE. The S&W simply makes brass easier. So this idea that the JRH is a "Special" version of the S&W has no merit. The .500Spl is a special version of the S&W.

I'm not following your logic on this at all. So there's no reason to own a .500Linebaugh because the Long version exists? Or neither because there is a .50Alaskan? No .50Alaskan because there is the .50-110? No reason to own a .38 or .44Spl because there are longer versions? So no .357Mag or .44Mag because there is the .357Max and .445Supermag? You pick the cartridge that does what you want it to and all the rest of this is just mental masturbation? Or is there something else at work here? Is this just an obsession with velocity? All that extra velocity is fine if you want or need it. If I was shooting a single shot out to 200yds, I'd probably want the long version too but I'm not. So again, you choose the cartridge that does what you want/need it to.