Tomorrow is opening day here in Missouri.
The Doublewide tree stands are all ready to go. Wilma's tower stand is completed. I mounted her a metal bicycle water bottle holder and some gear hooks earlier in the week. She spent a few minutes after that with the CVA Scout in 357 Maximum getting on the sandbags and locating objects through the 30mm MatchDot II.
I have been working with new loads, moving scopes and Red Dot sights around to optimize the pistols and sights that I have on hand at this time.
This was the first year that I have worked with the Elevation Dial on the MatchDot II sights. It seems to dial correctly, and works fine.
I formed 100 pieces of new Winchester 30-30 brass into 6.5x30 JDJ brass and changed from my old Hornady 129 Spitzer load with 748 to the 95 V-Max, and then the Hornady 123 SST bullets over H4895 powder which seems to work better.

I have the CVA Scout rechambered to 357 Maximum, and discovered that it really likes my NOE 360-180 WFN-GC Cast bullets sized to .357. Wilma will be hunting with the Scout and the Cast bullet loads tomorrow.

I had intended to work with the 35 BullBerry Contender barrel this season, but I did not get quite that far. I did however work with it a lot last season. It should be ready to go should I decide to use it.

I still need to get the front tractor tire back on my John Deere Power Deer Lift. Very handy when processing deer. It also might be handy to get a deer over a 5 strand barb wire fence. One of my stands overlooks a field with no connecting gate. I might need to lift a deer over it.

We will be getting the tub out with the Orange in it today. Sorting out the Orange Hats, Vests, and Coats. Also Sand Bags and other gear in storage since last deer season.

I took all 6 of my hunting knives and 8 Kitchen knives in to the gun shop and had the kid working their sharpen them. That should be good for two or three cut fingers.
I have a David Durr "Man From Snowy River" knife #31 that needs used. I also have a couple Babinga handled custom hunting knives by D Hanson. I do not collect them, I use them. Someone else can collect them when I am done with them. I do have one exception, I have the First Fighter built by D Hanson. I need to have David Letter It as the First, and probably put it on an knife auction site.

I need to get a Round Hay Bale out of the Barn, and put it in the 2 acre holding pen for the horses today. That way we know where they are, and they will be out of the road. We can leave gates open, etc. for the week.

I had better close and get to work. I have a few more 357 Maximum loads to put together with the NOE 360-180's, I shot up all but three at the range earlier this week. That will take about 3 minutes on the 550 Dillon.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Roach; 11/10/2017 2:41 PM.

See You At The Range