Originally Posted By: Handgun400
[\There was a few seconds when a better man may have squeezed off another shot and hit. Honestly didn?t think he?d even make it past the spin. I?ve killed a bunch but never had one do this. Also, he ran with both hind legs which makes me think the hit was below the spine and above the scrotum. Guess it could have parted the boys too but seemed to be in enter line with no broken hams

HG400,Once shot a boar a little bigger then yours with 210gr XTP from S&W 657.... BANG... he dropped on the spot dead...at least I thought he did...as I walk toward him he jumps up and takes off. Fired a shot that just caught back leg...no stop.... chased that son of a bitch until I could finish... found the first shot was below spine but above lungs...."no mans land".... It can be difficult to get off a 2nd shot especially when you think it`s not needed... One thing I do know is that next time you will be ready for a second shot whether or not its needed....Just like you, I learn something new on each new kill....

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"