Originally Posted By: spinsail
KRal, can you give more details on possible forcing cone erosion from using 250XTP 45 Colt?

According to some readings, 250xtp is too soft to shoot at the higher velocities of the 454 casull and thus resulted in forcing cone erosion. Whether or not this is true....I don't know. It may have derived in the hay-day's of Metallic Silly-Wet where thousands of rounds were fired using that bullet and thus forever tagged as a bad bullet for those velocities. I do know, that I've shot/shoot the 250xtp at 1750'ish fps from my FA 83 and it's extremely accurate and thumps deer pretty hard. I don't see my self shooting thousands of rounds of that bullet, but if I do and I have forcing cone issues, I'll just suck it up as getting my money's worth from that barrel and get a new one installed (might be a good reason to get an octagon barrel then :D) I'm no expert on this issue, so take it with a grain of salt.

P.S. That load data I'm using was developed by JT; he may or may not know what he's talking 'bout
;\)

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.