I recently posted a thread about making some upgrades to my Ruger Charger. This gun was limited to range use for years but I've been using it small game hunting recently. Modding a 10/22 rifle never appealed to me but for some reason over the last few months I've had the urge to mod my Charger.

Here are the mods I've made so far:
-Volquartsen Bolt Tune Up Kit
-Flatlineops Recoil Buffer Pin
-Kidd Bolt Handle, Guide Rod, Spring Kit (10% reduced spring installed for subsonic ammo)
-Ruger BX-Trigger
-Tactical Solutions stainless steel V-Block
-ER Shaw .920" Barrel

I received the barrel in a trade recently. I installed the Tactical Solutions V-Block at the same time. Its supposed to preload the barrel upward to prevent sag/droop. The barrel/v-block modification seem to have made the most noticeable improvement in accuracy.

The conditions at the range were very windy today. With the first shot I noticed the point of impact was quite a bit different than the old barrel. Even with the wind I was very impressed with the first 10 shot group. This was at 20 yards. I pulled a couple shots but I was pretty happy!

I didn't spend a lot of time shooting due to the wind/cold. I was using Remington Subsonic ammo. It hasn't been the most accurate in this gun but its my favorite 22lr hunting round so its what I sight in with. I'm going to play with some other types of ammo when conditions are better to see if it has a round it prefers.

The group on the left was the best group of the day shot with the new barrel and V-block. The group on the right was from a few months back with the factory barrel and V-block. That was about as good a group as I was getting with the gun at that time. Both were shot with Remington Subsonics at 20 yards.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper